Metacom has been providing Wi-Fi services to customers for several. Our routers are used for remote learning, setting up of temporary stores and bank branches (mobile offices), connecting video displays, connecting medical equipment and many more examples, which are a testament to the stability of the hardware.
Whilst many of these internal applications are hugely beneficial to the retail channel, Metacom believes that providing managed Wi-Fi access to the end customer is a critical retail value proposition. Metacom already provides store/ branch Wi-Fi access to several retail outlets. We also manage the complete infrastructure, including the following key features:
- White/ blacklisting of certain sites
- Usage limits per customer, dependent on the services they access
- Walled garden functionality with unlimited access to the retailer’s services
- Enabling access to mobile stores, while limiting access to anything else
- Full analyses and reporting of usage
- Data gathering through questionnaires or usage analysis
- Management of Access Point and utilisation per Access Point
As with all Metacom solutions, Metacom has also integrated this solution into our managed services portfolio, ensuring an end to end management of the entire system.