The Metacom MC400 range, enables effortless integration of remote equipment into centralised, fully-managed networks.
The router functions either as a primary network connection for a remote site, or as failover connection -providing a red line failover path for any primary network connection.
Custom designed to provide a remote Ethernet access point, the router is optimised for secure and reliable communication from multiple devices, such as;
- Point of sale (POS) systems
- Ethernet-enabled remote terminal units (RTUs)
- Intelligent electronic devices to central switches and head office infrastructure
Supporting the latest HSPA (3G) and LTE technology, the MC400 allows for the maximum use of the cellular network bandwidth availability. The product can be used, either as a standalone router providing seamless IP connectivity, or it can be used as an extension of a secure virtual private network (VPN).
The router has been used with great success for the following market applications:
- Retail outlets – as primary or fail over communication for stores
- Business–to-business (B2B) – to connect remote and foreign branches to head office infrastructure
- Banking – as failover connectivity for bank branches
- ATM – to connect ATMs and or financial transaction terminals to centralised transaction switches
- Internet of things (IoT) or telemetry – to connect remote machines to management networks (i.e. irrigation, etc.)
- Medical – to connect remote diagnostics equipment to central data repositories for analysis
With access to up to four different SIM cards, the product ensures maximum uptime in any environment.
The MC400 offers secure integration into the Metacom’s managed VPN, allowing for a fully-managed network services offering, ensuring high availability and maximum uptime.
The MC400 has been customised for specific applications:
- MC412L – LTE, with a four port Ethernet switch on board
- MC412E – HSPA, with a single Ethernet interface
- MC412C – HSPA, with a single serial interface
- MC412S – HSPA, with four serial interfaces
- MC412X – HSPA, with Ethernet and serial interfaces and routing between interfaces