MC600 Intelligent Router Product Family
The Metacom MC600 family is a robust reliable enterprise router platform. It enables effortless integration of remote equipment and sites into centralised fully-managed network infrastructure, using LTE, ADSL, Ethernet, satellite or even Wi-Fi as last-mile communication medium. The router seamlessly fails over between the different network technologies to ensure maximum uptime.
The MC600 has access to multiple connectivity options and therefore guarantees maximum uptime even when low cost broadband infrastructure is used to provide the wide area network.
As a robust and reliable wide area network enabler, it includes a number of technologies such as;
- Virtual private network (VPN) protocols
- Quality of Service
- Multiple VPNs
The router includes integrated Wi-Fi, which can be isolated in separate network tables, allowing for numerous network topologies.
The router has been used with great success for the following market applications:
- Retail outlets – as primary communication platform
- Business-to-business (B2B)– to connect remote and foreign branches to head office infrastructure
- Banking – as primary and fail over communications medium
- Finance and retail – for mobile offices, mobile staff, temporary or pop up stores, etc.
- ATMs – to connect ATMs and or financial transaction terminals to centralised transaction switches (providing multiple connectivity paths)
- Internet of things (IoT) or telemetry – to connect remote machines to management networks, for example, irrigation
- Medical – to connect remote diagnostics equipment to central data repositories for analysis
- Mobile – to provide connectivity on vehicles, taxis and trains
- Hotspots – to provide customer and or staff access to managed Wi-Fi infrastructure
The MC600 offers secure integration into the Metacom’s managed VPN, allowing for a fully-managed network services offering, ensuring high availability and maximum uptime.
The MC600 has been customised for specific applications:
- MC614X – with a four port Ethernet switch on board
- MC614M – with an integrated battery, allowing for mobile use
- MC614F – with fibre and Ethernet interfaces