MC607 Broadband Satellite
The MC607 consists of a satellite modem and dish (Ku or Ka depending on the application), which is combined with the MC600 Intelligent Router. The use of Metacom’s managed virtual private network (VPN) solution together with the MC600 Intelligent Router, ensures that a quality wide area network (WAN) can be maintained across a cost-effective broadband satellite platform. The implementation of acceleration and quality of services allows for the best possible experience using this solution.
The solution allows for primary communication via the satellite interface, with fail over communication via the multiple SIM cards embedded in the MC600 Intelligent Router.
Metacom offers the solution with various bandwidth profiles, as well as capped and uncapped packages.
The MC607 has been used with great success for the following market applications:
- Retail outlets – as primary communication platform
- Business-to-Business (B2B) – to connect remote and international branches to head office infrastructure
- Finance and retail – for mobile offices, mobile staff, and temporary or pop up stores etc.
- ATM – to connect ATM’s and or financial transaction terminals to centralised transaction switches (providing multiple connectivity paths)
- Medical – to connect remote diagnostics equipment to central data repositories for analysis
- Hotspots – to provide customer and or staff access to managed Wi-Fi infrastructure
- VOIP – in stores and branches
- Industrial – connectivity to independent power producers, such as wind farms
The MC607 offers secure integration into the Metacom’s managed virtual private network (VPN), allowing for a fully managed network services offering, ensuring high availability and maximum uptime.