We are seeking a new Java Spring Web (Angular) Developer to join our development team in enhancing, expanding and maintaining our in-house applications and integrations.
Our team motto: “We make magic happen by creating applications to deliver business value”
Metacom Online: Acts as our client, support and billing portal to manage and visualize the relationships, monitoring and reporting between customers, network devices, products and services.
Metacom Config Server: Acts as our Metacom device configuration repository and templating system, to track configuration changes applied on devices, but also be able to issue configurations based on preconfigured templates.
Metacom Media Center: Acts as our video and audio management interface to setup, schedule and track playlists and content across the different client sites and devices.
Various smaller application instances:
- Flat file import and processing
- Alert monitoring and flagging
- Data usage tracking and blocking
- System generated email templating and sending
Duties would include, but not be limited to:
- The design, specification, coding, testing and documenting of the system along with team members.
- Leading part time contractors to build and merge system enhancements.
- Providing support to production and customer support services.
- Assisting colleagues in the investigation of software and system related problems on existing and new products or solutions.
Minimum technical requirements:
- A Degree or Diploma in Information Systems or Computer Science
- At least 3-5 years’ work experience with the following:
5 years Java development (version 8)
3 years Java Spring development
3 years MVC Web development
- Experience with SDLC
- Solid experience building and consuming REST / Web / Micro-services integrations
- Maven dependency management
- Solid experience with SQL database design, querying and processing
- Familiarity with Linux environments
- Git version control
- Experience with system analysis and design
- Mobile App development
- NoSQL databases (i.e. MongoDB / Casandra)
- Continuous Integration
- Docker containers
- Automated testing
- Remain flexible, function under pressure and maintain a positive attitude and work performance in a variety of circumstances.
- Have the ability to work within a team, but also independently.
- Take responsibility for staying up to date with the latest trends and developments.
- Be willing and keen to share information.
- Have good communication skills.
- Have a natural tendency to be self-driven and highly self-motivated with a sense of pride in their work.
- Show initiative.
- Have an ability to grasp ‘big picture requirements’ and work with changing environment.
- Have a strong sense of integrity.
- Be able to learn and apply new development tools quickly and efficiently.
- Be able to accept constructive criticism.